Monday, March 15, 2010

3/15 intermission

the shepherd left the gate
gone savage
my sheep self
to the wolf grass
and temptations

gone to
stomach growls
to booze
a calling
to the whistle of
the all american
ruby red lips
that catch a heart afire

who to blame
who to blame
who to blame

out here baahing
sticking my nose where
it ought not to be

a preist can't have it
all
you know
cat call from the stage
'be good or be damned'
without responsibility

blame the sheep
or blame the shepherd
or leave it for
the judge
at the throne of heaven

i can't keep track of it all
my mind a mess
i push rocks
i push mail
i stare at things that
need to be fixed

if you don't want
you wont be
ashamed at what
you don't got

blame the shepherd
for rushing home
to his wife
and children

blame the sheep
for eyeing
the horizon
and thinking
what i want has got to be over
there

christ is coming
christ is here
chirst is looking for answers
any or all of the above

it is never any good
one must conclude
to take your eyes off
the floor
and wonder about more
than gnawing grass

__________


i have no reason
to write on this thing
my ear hurts
it is five thirty
and my teeth are
going bad.
no one told me how
poems go
or
why they rhyme
i don't stare at anything
in
par
ticular
but sometimes happy
children dance or laugh
in the recess of my mind
i can smell
idaho
on the breeze
i use to think i should
be a divorce lawyer
to the stars
i wish i could work
at a cubicle
and have no compulsion
to tug on strings
or imagine things
i watch my son
i watch my daughter
i watch my wife
good people
hope something is got
to pay off
right?
_____________

should be more honest
pray for
fallen leaves
and the evicted
milk men
things change
evolution
even us christians
can
acknowledge that

No comments:

Post a Comment